a priest's musings on the journey

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Icon for the Visitation





Please say a prayer for me; I have been sick for several days- and as I am the only priest in the parish this weekend, I am trudging through three masses today anyways... but I feel like crap... This morning we had a visitor from "the third largest parish in the Episcopal Church" in Florida, apparantly, who decided to give me some advice on how to more gracefully celebrate and project my voice... It took all of my Southern Hospitality and fake-kind temperament to say "O, I am so sorry my sickness inconvenienced you on the back row- but I am the only priest here this weekend and this is the best I can do." UGH one more mass and then I am going to bed....

When I am better I will write about my trip to Honduras... Pray for me...
:: posted by Padre Rob+, 7:33 AM

2 Comments:

Praying for you Rob. How about changing your photo to the nice new one?
Blogger John the organist, at 11:00 AM  
thanks John

I do need to change the photo, but I haven't figured out how.... how embarrassing is that!

Maybe I should put the one from Honduras where I look like Oscar Romero... ;)
Blogger Padre Rob+, at 12:42 PM  

Add a comment