a priest's musings on the journey

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I Miss Those School Days....

Zachary had a long weekend because of a school holiday, so he was with me from Friday afternoon until Tuesday morning. His mother had to work Monday and Tuesday at the hospital, and her husband was out of town, so I had to drive him to school on Tuesday morning. It was a long morning driving the 4 hour round trip to Maryland- but I loved every moment of it. I really do miss the morning routine of preparing breakfast for him and getitng him ready to go to school. I miss preparing his lunch and the chats in the car (I always learned very useful information during those chats). Sigh....

At least I had one more morning, and for that gift I am grateful.


Zac before heading off to school 22 April, 2008
:: posted by Padre Rob+, 6:31 PM

3 Comments:

Those chats in the car are so precious - my Dad often said they were the one time he got us on our own!
Blogger John the organist, at 3:04 PM  
Wow, he has really grown!

Blessings to you... in all your fathering...
Blogger Jane R, at 8:53 PM  
So cute :)
Blogger Luiz Coelho, at 12:30 PM  

Add a comment