a priest's musings on the journey

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Feast of St Mark



Today is the Feast of St Mark the Evangelist. I'll post a few icons and images that I like to use in prayer, but, because I'm lazy and it's already past 7 PM, I'll just refer to some other sources to gather information about St Mark. Jane's blog, Acts of Hope has some good information and links concerning St Mark and the Coptic Church, who believe to have been founded by him.

An oline book about St Mark and his ministry in Egypt can be found on the Coptic Church's website.

If you want to read the Roman Church's perspective, go here.











(ok, so I *really* like Coptic iconography)
:: posted by Padre Rob+, 4:02 PM

1 Comments:

I like it too :-). I've put up a couple more images (finally done with various work things for the day) and also a link to Padre Mickey, who has some nice reflections.

Also see my blog for spring cuteness. More on this in your item below.
Blogger Jane R, at 8:55 PM  

Add a comment